Sunday, March 29, 2009

Stupidity at its peak!!!














"All great work is preparing yourself for an accident"

-Sidney Lumet






Last Friday after a terrible week at the office all I wanted was a peacefull weekend especially with the changes that are but imperative to be a part of our lives from the week after next. However Life rarely goes the way we will it too and if God wishes to humor you then what better way to sit back and tighten your seatbelts... well I am sure the last sentence like many thing that I say these days makes no sense but then I detest the idea that words should be well chosen for if that were the case then how would a benign mind let out the feelings for which no words exist!!!



Moving on to things that completely make no sense and to people who intend to make fools of themselves by doing things that really do not matter... I go ahead with the risk of making Mr.X really angry... but then how does it matter for the basic principles of physics are not something that we just learn in text books but these are the laws that make life possible on earth. Surely Galileo was not hailed a hero for his concept of inertia in the sixteenth century but that hardly means to brazenly disregard the concept itself or for that matter all the laws of physics. I understand that a little madness is necessary to be sane in life but then as they say there is a method to madness. Sanity of mind nonetheless is obligatory for if that does not prevail over madness then human kind will head back to the stoneage. But then as I have already said that if Lord wishes to make you laugh then some devil's horns better poke out!!!



I can go on and on about it but then the curtain has to go up... So as I was saying last fridy after a terrible week all of us decided to head for burgers. But then again someone had different plans. Mr. X decided to take a shortcut at the roundabout. Now for me and you or for any normal person a shortcut is the last thing one thinks about at the roundabout and that too the port roundabout is so magnificient that its a real pleasure to go around it. Mr.X nonetheless does not agree with me but he has to concede that there are no shortcuts to the good things in life and burger for me is the best thing that had happened to mankind the first time I ate one in Bandra... now my views have changed and I have started fixating towards vada pav but again both come from the same family and moreover I am meandering away from the point.




So as I was saying last fridy after a terrible week all of us decided to head for burgers in Mr.X's car and my car. Just as we headed out Mr.X decided to take a shortcut at the roundabout but then again what man proposes God surely disposes so Sameer blissfully unaware of the minor change in Mr.X's route was cruising at a speed without taking the shortcut. But then a mistake was made and the price had to be paid for it. Keeping true to the spirit of this blog if Mr.X's car was not a silly millimeter longer then the crash that was inevitable could have been avoided... but then as I began who are we to sit back sullenly when God wishes to add some humor to our Life!!!



P.S- To all those who might be offended by this post, this is my way at getting back to you.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. taking a short-cut at a round-about would probably be the last thing on some-one's mind even an ambulance for that matter. guess the short-cut proved a bit costly for both the cars'. anyways, the whole incident looked as if it was destined to happen. nice narration though. did you still have the burger ? or from that day onwards, you quit them once and for all.

    ReplyDelete